Wednesday, September 12, 2007

San Francisco: Day Five, August 6

My last day in San Francisco. Overcast and brrrrrr cold. I'm going to really miss this city. I can see why so many people just love it here.















A few pics of my hotel room at The Chancellor Hotel. Overall, I though the hotel was great. Centrally located, the eateries were extremely closeby. Union Square was 1/2 block downhill. Transportation was just a few blocks down. Very convenient place.

Looking at my door from the hall - I'm standing with the elevator to my right.
















The bathroom:















The room standing next to the closet:















The roomy closet:



















Another one of the closet, long mirror on the inside of the closet door:




















The room, this time with the camera flash on:


















Another view of the room:


















Standing by the window facing the hotel room door:


















A view out the left window:


















A view out the right window:


















And one facing the hotel room door again:


















I checked out but left my luggage at the hotel since I had time before I had to catch my flight. I caught the Powell-Hyde cable car to Lombard Street and got off at the top of the crooked part of the street:


















One of the bay:


















Coit Tower in the distance:


















Same view of Coit Tower but zoomed in a little:


















Cars going down the street:


















This bougainvilla crawling up the side of a house caught my attention:


















Another house with bougainvilla. I'm seriously thinking about having this done to my house:















Finally at the bottom of the street looking up:
















I then caught the bus back to Market Street and thought about catching the bus to Haight Street but decided to go the other direction instead. So I hopped on the 'F' going to the Wharf and walked around Fisherman's Wharf for about a half hour before I returned back to the hotel to catch my shuttle to the airport.

I spent the other half of my vacation in Raleigh, North Carolina, with some friends. On the way back home I intentionally made a six hour layover in San Francisco. I stored my luggage at SFO, caught the BART to Market Street, then the bus to Haight Street to eat at El Balazo. I already felt like I knew the bus system enough to easily get around the second time there. I walked around a bit before catching the BART back to the airport. How simple was that!

No comments: