Monday, October 1, 2007

Doctor Doctor Tell Me Something I Don't Know

Today I finally went in to get my results on my cholesterol test. This all started when I went to get my annual physical over three months ago. I took a blood test then and today the comparisons weren't so bad. This is after taking 10m of Lipitor/day.

Cholesterol went from 268H down to 204H.
HDL from 41 down to 40L. not really good
LDL from 173H down to 136H. not so bad
Triglycerides from 272H down to 139. woo hoo

Still needs a lot of work.

Doc was happy BUT I need to get into the safe range with a little more help. He prescribed 20m per day of Lipitor. He wanted to prove that Lipitor could help bring my cholesterol down. I have no doubt that it will but I don't want to stay on this drug forever.

This was the least of my worries though. I got a call from the nurse where this Thursday I'll be taking a biopsy on my right breast and an ultrasound on my left. For the last seven years I've escaped having really serious problems but I fear that it'll only be a matter of time before it all catches up with me. I need to stay ahead of the game so I can keep this at bay.

I decided to start documenting my journey through this delicate phase of my life. This can be a roller coaster ride from hell but I'm gonna make sure I ride it like nobody's business.

No comments: