Monday, October 8, 2007

The.Best.News.EVER!!!

Talk about being on pins and needles for the whole day, not to mention the entire weekend.

I felt so nauseated I just wanted puke. I kept running different game plans through my head of how I wanted my funeral. I was ready to buy a video camera to tape my own eulogy and to tell everyone to quit crying and get over it and to just celebrate the harmless madness I contributed to the world. I couldn't decide if I wanted Elton John's Funeral for a Friend to play in my video or to have some semi high energy piece of music played. I certainly don't want some cheesy slow sad music playing while everyone reminisces in tears of the times I spent with them. No honking the hankies allowed. I want celebration. I want people to be happy that they had me somewhere in their life just like I'm happy and appreciative and honored to have known this person or that person. Why mourn? Because I'm not going to be there anymore? Because they didn't have the chance to say how much they were going to miss me? I already know that. I want my life celebrated like how they do in New Orleans. I want it to be a party, not a wild party, just a wonderful happy celebration of life, not death.

On my video I also wanted to say that I had done everything I really wanted to do and that I already had everything I had and if it was my time to go then I'll ready myself for it by spending more time with my family and donating more time to the less fortunate.

Alas, I didn't have to think about that. I had to wait until like 3:00 in the afternoon for my doctor's office to call me. They left a message on my voicemail so I wrote the number down and called them from the parking garage of my work place. A private place to return the call. I dialed the number and asked for the receptionist. She put me on hold and the phone went out. She called me back and told me that the report said that the samples were benign. The doctor hadn't seen the report yet but it was typed up in the report that the samples were benign and that's all I wanted to hear. She then said that she'd call me back in a flash to set up a diagnostic mammogram for six month from now. I thanked her and hung up. Tears of happiness and relief flowed down my face as I rushed to the bathroom. I sat on the toilet and silently cried with joy. I came out of the stall and washed my hands and cleaned myself up. No one came in but I did share the news with the women that I told. But not before I told my hubby about the good news. Whew!

So, now it's getting late and I should get on my bike to get some exercise in. I can relax for the next six months.

eta: biked for 47 minutes, 10+ miles yay!

No comments: