Friday, October 5, 2007

Feeling A Little Better Today, Thank You

I woke up feeling better today. My husband was supposed to wake me up before he left for work but I got up before that happened. I immediately went to my computer and started connecting to work so I could get some things done. Later in the morning I felt good enough to get some groceries. So I left Gracie in the house and went to fill up the gas tank before doing a little grocery shopping. Went to Star Market and bought some frozen fruit, Acai sherbert and some soy milk. Oh, and bananas. I've been hankering for a great smoothie so I'm a newbie at throwing this all together. A smoothie sounded real good but I wanted coffee and also take Gracie for a ride. I dropped the groceries off and grabbed Gracie and I went to the Starbucks in Kapolei because it's got a drive-through. Then I did a sinful thing and bought a hamburger deluxe and seasoned fries from Jack-in-the-Box. Damn, I'm a shame, yeah? I ate that junk stuff at home and when I was done Gracie and I went right back out. I meant to do this for a while and remembered that today was a good day to do it, which was this: I wanted to Gracie back to the place where she first lived, which is on the North Shore. My husband brought Gracie home after a friend he was fixing a computer for offered Gracie to him. He had fixed this friend's computer so many months back and saw Gracie then. She was a fat dog at that time. He was offered Gracie at that time. My husband, my dear dear husband. Every year, especially at Christmas, for at least ten years, I'd ask for a dog. He kept saying no - that the carpets and walls were white and it'd be too much of a responsibility, blah, blah, blah. Then when his friend called him to fix their computer again he saw Gracie there. This time she was really slimmed down. This friend with the computer got Gracie from some friends who happened to be the ones on the North Shore. They had to move so they gave Gracie to my husband's friend. Gracie, my husband tells me, was a house dog that stayed in the house and never really got any exercise. Thus, not getting any exercise. After the friend with the computer got Gracie she put her on a diet. They were going to give her to the Humane Society but my husband likes Golden Retrievers so he took her. Boy, to say I was surprised when she walked through the door with my husband attached to the other end of the leash, is an understatement. Anyway, so I drove Gracie to the address of where these previous owners no longer lived at. The house is off the main drag, down a short lane with an address like xx-xxxA, xx-xxxB or xx-xxxC, so I don't know exactly which house it was since I only got the xx-xxx part of the address without the A, B or C. The house is also located right on the edge of Waimea Bay so I can safely say that the land that the house sits is pretty expensive, although the houses there look pretty old. I walked her down the little private lane and hoped that she'd sniff a familiar sniff. We already reached the last house and turned around. I didn't have a plastic bag on me and I feared that she might want to poop on the grass so I quickly turned her around. She yanked me straight for the front door of the closest house to the beach. Maybe it was familiar? I don't know. I yanked her back because I wasn't sure a dog would be waiting on the other side of the door. She sniffed around some more and yanked me again. Afraid again that a dog would come flying out I pulled her back. I usually bring my camera along and today I had it. But the only picture I took was of this flower I never saw before. My pics came out too bright so there's that idea of uploading those pics but I accidentally pressed the wrong button and videotaped the flower. If you know what this is please let me know, it's really pretty.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.